Administrative and Publications Manager
National Association of Surety Bond Producers
Open Position: Administrative and Publications Manager
Are you ready to re-enter the workforce or to pursue your second career? If you are seeking a friendly, collaborative workplace with great benefits and your own office in a newly constructed office space in downtown Bethesda within walking distance of the Bethesda Metro station on the Red Line, check us out. Your keen attention to detail and enthusiasm are what we’ve been looking for! Join us and play a key role in working full-time at a national trade association with the Director of Communications and the Director of Finance & Operations and generally supporting our office of 11 staff. We need your skills in communicating comfortably, courteously, tactfully, and effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts—including our members, leadership, speakers, and partnering organizations. A basic knowledge and/or experience in editing and bookkeeping are a plus but not required. Send your resume and writing sample to email@example.com and start a new chapter or career.
Founded in 1942, the National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) is a national trade association whose membership includes agencies that employ surety bond producers, surety companies, reinsurers, and construction-oriented CPA firms.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the position fall mainly in the following three areas.
Communication and Publication Administrative Duties
Provide overall assistance to the Director of Communications, including:
- On a weekly basis, print the 30-plus articles sent to NASBP from SmartBrief staff and email Director the links of 10 articles Director has selected.
- Check links and review proofs of weekly NASBP SmartBrief, print and digital versions of Surety Bond Quarterly magazine, and NASBP Pipeline e-newsletter, which is issued every two months.
- Make edits and proofread, as directed, articles for NASBP communications.
- Post new articles, including blogs, and images and modify existing text on various NASBP website pages, as directed.
- Send communications and manage projects of the Industry Relations Committee, as directed.
- Create and maintain tracking system of NASBP ad placements and contacts.
- Create and maintain tracking system of images and posts NASBP prepares for Insurance Social Media’s catalogue.
- Send thank you notes and copies of the Surety Bond Quarterly magazine to authors who have written articles in the magazine.
- Send two copies of Surety Bond Quarterly magazine to the Library of Congress.
- Maintain NASBP Advisory Council information and publications at nasbp.org and suretybondquarterly.org.
- Distribute e-blast notices through Constant Contact.
- Manage publication contact lists.
- Edit surveys (created in SurveyMonkey).
- Assist in monitoring use and success of the NASBP Surety Pro Locator.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Communications, as needed.
Financial Administrative Duties
- Process PayPal (credit card) and lockbox payments in batches from the iMIS database to the Solomon database.
- Assist with accounts receivables and payment applications in iMIS, as needed.
- Assist with printing and recording the Association’s checks from the Solomon database, as needed.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Operations & Finance, as needed.
General Office Administrative Duties
- Answer the phone as primary office contact for inquiries from members, nonmembers, and the general public and screen, answer, and direct calls and emails to the appropriate staff.
- Provide support to website users, serving as the first tier helpdesk with login and registration questions and issues and triaging and directing more complex inquiries to the appropriate staff.
- Assist with ordering office supplies and replenishing paper and toners for photocopier/printers.
- Open and distribute mail daily.
- Greet visitors and sign for deliveries that arrive at the front door.
- Assist with other office administrative tasks such as arranging for messenger services and maintaining communal areas.
- Assist and support other internal departments, as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet firm deadlines.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office business suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate comfortably, courteously, tactfully, and effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts--including members, leadership, speakers, and partnering organizations--on the phone and in emails.
- Must demonstrate acute attention to detail.
- Must be collaborative and team-oriented.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, professional demeanor, and willingness to take on new tasks and pitch in to complete projects even if it is outside of the Administrative and Publication Manager’s core area of responsibilities.
- Curiosity and strong interest in learning preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Familiarity with iMIS a plus.
- Familiarity with administrative processes associated with bookkeeping and accounting a plus.
- Familiarity with Solomon database, a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Connect and Constant Contact, a plus.
- Evening/weekend work not required.
- Travel not required.
Interested candidates will be asked to submit a resume and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASBP is an equal opportunity employer.
National Association of Surety Bond Producers
7735 Old Georgetown Road, Suite 900
Bethesda, MD 20814