Administrative and Executive Assistant
We are looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic individual who is comfortable prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The incumbent will work closely with the President of MAEC and other staff. Duties are broad in nature and require the incumbent to work collaboratively with other staff members and exercise independent judgment related to assignments. A successful candidate will have experience working on a team and with outside clients or partners and must be high-energy, outgoing, and friendly.
- Manage scheduling and expense reports for the President.
- Generate communications and process documents (e.g. PowerPoint) on behalf of the President.
- Coordinate Advisory Board and Board of Directors meetings and prepare meeting materials and minutes.
- Conduct grants research and assist in the preparation and submission of grant proposals, reports, and other documents.
- Use a variety of software programs and office equipment to perform assignments as well as provide technical support to staff.
- Perform other administrative duties including calendaring, meetings, conference calls, telephone support, and events as needed.
- Maintain files and records for area of responsibility as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to MAEC’s guiding principles – Excellence, Equity, Integrity, Innovation, and Synergy;
- High level of professionalism, flexibility, diplomacy, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong computer and technology skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Google docs, and interest in and ability to learn new platforms;
- Outstanding organizational abilities, good judgment, and strong attention to detail.
- 2-4 years of experience with non-profit administration, or comparable office management experience
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Completion of post-interview assessments (PowerPoint, note taking)
- Experience and commitment to educational issues a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. MAEC offers a competitive benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance, and a 403(b) retirement program.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Both cover letter and resume must be sent as attachments and not in the body of the e-mail. Also please use “Application: Executive Assistant Position” in the subject of your e-mail.