Accounts Receivable Specialist
The purpose of this position is to provide courteous, knowledgeable service to ASHA’s customers (members, consumers, and others) by serving as the primary contact for the Accounts Receivable Team. The incumbent will maintain excellent customer relations through an effective system of member communications to address refunds, processing difficulties, inquiries and deferred member dues. Responsible for the processing of ASHA and NSSLHA member dues payments received in house and through website; enhance internal control by adhering to established policies and procedures related to member receipts, invoice adjustments, and refunds. Using his/her extensive knowledge of ASHA’s business process, the incumbent will also be responsible for training and providing guidance to operating units that process cash receipts.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all incoming calls transferred from other internal department or placed directly to the Accounts Receivable Team.
- Maintain excellent customer and member relations by tracking, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely, accurate and professional manner. These calls and written communications would include payment claims/inquiries, billing disputes/inquiries, membership status and other requests for information.
- Serves as the primary contact for all outgoing calls to members for the following areas: collection calls, follow-up of incoming inquiries, and unidentified payment inquiries, alert management to problems, i.e., late deferral payments, undeliverable notices, unapplied receipts, refunds, and invoice adjustments; and developing and maintaining professional letters to notify members of refunds, unidentified payments, and incorrect payments.
- Reconcile deposits against batches on a daily basis, scan and transmit incoming checks into ASHA’s bank account. Serves as the primary accounting liaison to the units that process accounts receivable transactions regarding the processing policies, schedule and issues resolution.
- Responsible for the processing of ASHA and NSSLHA dues/fees, PAC contributions and Foundation contributions received in house and through the web. Processing is to be executed in a timely, accurate, and controlled manner resulting in proper recognition of revenue and agreement to the general ledger.
- Invoice, process, record, and transmit deferred member dues. Processing is to be executed in a timely, accurate, and controlled manner resulting in proper recognition of revenue, updating of subsidiary records, and agreement to the general ledger.
- Prepare partial payment follow-up invoices, replacement invoices, and receipts related to all membership payments.
- Document and maintain established policies and procedures related to dues and fees. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- AA degree in accounting or related field
- 3–5 years’ experience with accounts receivable functions and member services
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Three years’ experience with financial accounting software
- Excellent analytical skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent team skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize work, manage time, and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and process large quantities of data quickly and accurately