Accounts Payable Specialist
Cambridge Information Group (“CIG”) is a seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our dynamic Finance team. CIG’s A/P Specialist reports to the Accounts Payable and Cash Manager The role of the A/P Specialist involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the AP/Cash Manager. The A/P specialist is responsible for the timely and efficient day-to-day management of payment cycle activities, including but not limited to, verifying the accuracy of invoices and investigating/resolves discrepancies, processing invoices/credits and expense reports for CIG and one or more of CIG’s affiliates.
CIG’s Bethesda office is conveniently located just a few steps from the entrance to the Bethesda Metro station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Open and sort incoming mail daily
• Process invoices and credits for CIG and all related entities
• Process weekly expense reports & vendor payments
• Mail and file/scan weekly employee and vendor payments
• Assist in preparing and filing the 1099’s for CIG and all related entities in a timely manner
• Support CIG accounting staff with data entry as required
• Perform various ad hoc duties, as requested Manage accounts receivables and deposits for B2R
• Analyze A/P transactions on General Ledger on a month-end basis
• Assist with providing accounting firms year-end packages for annual audits and tax returns
• Respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong Excel skills are a requirement. Microsoft Dynamics experience is a preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Adaptable to changes in the workplace
• Ability to plan and prioritize work activity
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to interact well internally and externally with a diverse constituency of colleagues and vendors
• Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships
• Support and embrace diversity and inclusiveness
• Familiarity with office equipment
• Ability to be present in the office
• Ability to work overtime, as requested
Education and Work Experience
• BS in Accounting/Finance preferable or equivalent work experience.
• Must have a minimum of two years accounting experience.
• Excellent understanding of the English language, oral and written.
• Excellent telephone communication skills