WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Are you looking for a unique employee experience where you can build, grow, learn and have fun? The Knot Worldwide is in search of a part-time accounting intern to assist the accounting department with various tasks and projects. The accounting intern will have help the accounting team meet monthly close deadlines and asset in accounting projects.
- Data entry relating to various accounting projects
- Assist with month end close procedures, including monthly reconciliations
- Assist with specific customer accounts receivable adjustments
- Provide support on special projects, as needed and assigned
- Process vendor invoices and payments
- Assist in maintaining general ledger chart of accounts
- Assist in preparing accurate and timely financial reports as needed
- Interact with various levels of staff to obtain information and/or resolve issues for assigned tasks, accounts and/or legal entities
- Create and/or maintain process documentation and procedures for assigned tasks
SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNTING INTERN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- B.S in Accounting or are working towards your B.S. in Accounting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Excel Required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong motivation, initiative, and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.