Accounting and Payroll Manager
Cambridge Information Group (“CIG”) is a seeking an Accounting/Payroll Manager to join our dynamic Finance team. CIG’s Accounting and Payroll Manager reports to the Financial Controller and is responsible for managing and processing payroll for seven CIG entities and supporting the accounting operations of CIG and one or more of CIG’s affiliates. CIG’s Bethesda office is conveniently located just a few steps from the entrance to the Bethesda Metro station.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all payrolls are produced in an accurate, compliant and timely mann
- Prepare payroll reports and distribute as appropriat
- Manage part-time Payroll Assi
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Monitor quarterly tax reports reconciling any discrepancies.
- Prepare accurate and timely year end reporting (W-2, W2-c et).
- Proactively research and resolve payroll problems promptly, working with colleagues internally and/or externally with vendors/agencies.
- Administer 401(k) retirement plan changes, including enrollment, updates, loans, and termination
- Support all internal and external audits related to payro
- Support monthly close process for CIG companies.
- Prepare intercompany accounting entries and reconcile monthly balances between the entities.
- Maintain balance schedules.
- Other projects as requested by Financial Controller and VP of Finance.
- Monitor Wells Fargo credit card charges, and invoices for account coding, compliance with policies and budgets for CIG companies.
- Assist with budget preparatio
Audit and Tax
- Provide audit support as required by preparing schedules and providing supporting docum
- Respond to queries and internal control questionnaire.
- Assist with annual tax compliance support by preparing schedules and providing supporting documents.
- BS in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience is requ
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance and managing/processing payroll with a service provider; Ultimate Software/UltiPro is preferable.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) accounting software is preferable
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced level Excel skills required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all payroll and financial data.
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to work with high precision and accuracy.
- Ability to work successfully as a team player and independ
- Adaptable to changes in the workplac
- Ability to work against deadlines and manage prioritize/multiple task
- Excellent command of the English language and strong written and oral communication s
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to developing strong collaborative relationship
- Must be highly dependable and able to be present in the office M-F during core business hours.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to pass background check.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status required.
- Email your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com
- In the subject line of your email enter: “Accounting and Payroll Manager”
- Only qualified candidates should apply
Cambridge Information Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer