Accounting and Payroll Manager
Cambridge Information Group (“CIG”) is a seeking an Accounting/Payroll Manager to join our dynamic Finance team. CIG’s Accounting and Payroll Manager reports to the Financial Controller and is responsible for managing and processing payroll for seven CIG entities and supporting the accounting operations of CIG and one or more of CIG’s affiliates. CIG’s Bethesda office is conveniently located just a few steps from the entrance to the Bethesda Metro station. The Accounting and Payroll Manager is responsible for managing and processing payroll for multiple entities and supporting the accounting operations of Cambridge Information Group (“CIG”) and one or more of CIG’s affiliates.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all payrolls are produced in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Prepare payroll reports and distribute as appropriate
- Manage part-time Payroll Assistant
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Monitor quarterly tax reports reconciling any discrepancies.
- Prepare accurate and timely year end reporting (W-2, W2-c et).
- Proactively research and resolve payroll problems promptly, working with colleagues internally and/or externally with vendors/agencies.
- Administer 401(k) retirement plan changes, including enrollment, updates, loans, and termination
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Support monthly close process for CIG companies.
- Prepare inter-company accounting entries and reconcile monthly balances between the entities.
- Maintain balance schedules.
- Other projects as requested by Financial Controller and CFO.
- Assist with budget preparation
Audit and Tax
- Provide audit support as required by preparing schedules and providing supporting docum
- Respond to queries and internal control questionnaire.
- Assist with annual tax compliance support by preparing schedules and providing supporting documents.
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all payroll and financial data.
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to work with high precision and accuracy.
- Ability to work successfully as a team player and independent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to developing strong collaborative relationship
- Ability to work against deadlines and manage prioritize/multiple task
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships
- Support and embrace diversity and inclusiveness
- Ability to be present in the office
- Regular weekday (Monday-Friday) attendance/availability is required during core business hours
- Ability to work additional hours, if necessary
- Ability to travel, as occasional travel may be required
- BS in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance and managing/processing payroll with a service provider; Ultimate Software/UltiPro is preferable
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) accounting software is preferable
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced level Excel skills required
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status required
- Excellent command of the English language and strong written and oral communication skills