Teaching Strategies is a dynamic early childhood education company that provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through kindergarten. With ground-breaking solutions and a strong belief that the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve teacher effectiveness, Teaching Strategies has been supporting the critical work of early childhood educators for over 25 years.
As a company, our philosophy is that the best outcomes result from working together as a team. Located in downtown Bethesda, MD, our company's headquarters are within steps from Bethesda Row and the Bethesda Metro stop. Candidates who fit with our values, vision, and mission will find a casual and fun work environment that fosters creativity, innovation and career growth. Along with great benefits and competitive compensation packages, we at Teaching Strategies pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work there is teaching children to become creative, confident thinkers.
As defined by geographical sales territory and customer size, the Account Executive is responsible for selling Teaching Strategies' full line of products and services to the early childhood private and public markets in support of defined revenue goals. The Account Executive identifies, directs and coordinates sales opportunities within the assigned area with the support of internal departments and staff. The Account Executive will build upon an existing foundation of established success in the market place and increase market share by using a collaborative, consultative approach with customers. This position has a large cold calling emphasis with up to 30% travel and unlimited potential for growth.
Specific Roles And Responsibilities
- Builds, maintains, and develops knowledge to become an expert on Teaching Strategies' products and services, as well as the competitive landscape for early childhood development
- Achieves defined sales revenue numbers for the assigned territory
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan for the territory
- Actively seeks to uncover and meet the needs of customers and prospects by building collaborate relationships and delivering solutions
- Participates in new license and renewal/upsell call campaigns and marketing programs to uncover new business opportunities for your assigned territory
- Qualifies leads and works collaboratively with the field sales team to complete the full cycle of the sales process (i.e., contacting potential clients, conducting sales presentations, attending exhibits and conferences) or handles the full cycle of the sales process for customers of a certain size
- Strategically and creatively manages opportunity pipeline
- Develops and maintains product and industry knowledge
- Utilizes Salesforce to track pipeline information related to the opportunity and maintain all sales related progress in Salesforce for given territory
- Maintains existing relationships with customers, and channels customer feedback appropriately
- Communicates regularly with Manager and other members of the sales team
- Timely follows up to all phone and email communication regarding potential sales opportunities, document and keep track of all communication
- Communicates on a regular scheduled basis with clients within the territory regarding new products, renewals and overall experience.
- Strategic travel to clients throughout assigned territory, as needed
- 2-4 years of experience in Inside Sales with a track record of success; education and/or technology sales experience highly desired
- Experience performing market analysis and building/managing a sales pipeline
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM solution is highly desired
- Ability to work a schedule to accommodate an assigned territory
- Mastery of successful selling skills such as listening, determining needs, answering questions, proposing solutions and closing the sale
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business and relationship building
- Knowledge of educational structures and ability to sell to multiple decision makers at multiple levels a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills