2020 Summer Internship – Communications & Engagement
Weber Shandwick is seeking a class of diverse thinkers to help us solve and create industry-defining work in Washington, DC. Our internship program focuses on transmitting strong communications and interpersonal skills while working closely with a team of dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. Weber Shandwick interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance their career goals.
What you will be doing:
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and social content
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What we are looking for:
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is essential
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
Practice Placements: Digital | Healthcare | Social Impact | Public Affairs
- Graduation: Come summer, you are a rising junior, rising senior or post-grad (year: 2020 or 2021).
- Availability: 40 hours a week from June 1 – August 14, 2020.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2020
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered