Urban Alliance (theurbanalliance.org) matches underserved high school seniors with paid internships, job skills training, one-on-one mentoring and ongoing post-program support to expand their idea of what is possible for their future. Urban Alliance offers programs in Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Northern Virginia and Montgomery County, where it serves 30 youths annually.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Silver Spring and Burtonsville
What a donation buys:
- $25 provides an intern’s wages for one day of work.
- $1,000 covers an intern’s training and college counseling.
- $12,500 sponsors an internship for a year.
- One day: Help high school seniors navigate the college application process during “College Signing Day.”
- Ongoing: Volunteer to mentor a high school intern.