Unexpected Stage Company (unexpectedstage.org) is a nonprofit professional theater company that dedicates itself to exploring the intimacies and intricacies of the human experience. The Helen Hayes Award-nominated organization produces plays at affordable prices.
Headquartered: Montgomery County
Serves: Montgomery County and surrounding counties
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides costumes for a full cast.
- $1,000 covers set materials needed to bring a play to life.
- $10,000 pays actors, a stage manager and designers for the complete run of a production.
- One day: Assist as an usher or in the box office for a performance.
- Weekly or long-term: Be an assistant stage manager, set builder or graphic designer.