St. Camillus Food Pantry (gofundme.com/trpqnc) distributes nutritious food to ensure that low-income families get enough to eat. Through emergency food distribution on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings, this all-volunteer, bilingual food pantry distributed more than 10,000 emergency food packages last year alone.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides a week’s worth of emergency food for 10 families.
- $1,000 provides two pounds of rice and beans for 250 families.
- $10,000 provides enough food to serve all of the families that visit the food pantry over two weekends.
- One day or ongoing: Unload and shelve food deliveries.
- Ongoing: Bilingual adults can help with client registration during pantry hours.