The National Capital Trolley Museum (dctrolley.org) brings the sights and sounds of the trolley era to persons of all ages. Visitors experience 20th-century transit as they travel two miles aboard a Washington street car, an American trolley or a European tram. They learn about community development and the size of the trolley industry as they view the Rock Creek Railway model, tour Street Car Hall with a docent, and see Street Cars Go to the Movies.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $50 buys a gallon of street car paint.
- $100 installs a street car window.
- $500 purchases a day’s labor from a street car restoration specialist.
- One day: Help with special events at the National Capital Trolley Museum.
- Weekly: Provide support with the museum’s collections care team.