Shepherd’s Table (shepherdstable.org) serves more than 2,700 individuals experiencing homelessness in the county every year, providing meals, clothing, mailing address, prescription assistance, information and referrals, as well as other social services. The bimonthly eye clinic provides vision screenings and prescription eyeglasses for the uninsured.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides 50 dinner meals in the dining room.
- $1,000 provides medical prescription assistance for 50 individuals.
- $5,000 provides prescription eyeglasses for 80 low-income, uninsured adults.
- One day: Prepare and serve a nutritious meal.
- One day: Sort donations in the Clothes Closet.