NIH Philharmonia (nihphil.org) performs free and educational concerts in an intimate setting, engaging concertgoers of all ages. Made up of 80 volunteer musicians, many of whom work at the National Institutes of Health, NIH Philharmonia plays symphonic music under professional conductor Nancia D’Alimonte.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $100 helps with rented music for one concert.
- $500 covers program printing and concert recording for one concert.
- $4,000 sponsors one entire concert.
- One day: Serve as an usher. (Time commitment is 45 minutes prior to the performance and 20 minutes after.)
- Long-term: Assist with venue setup and reset, at each concert.