Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (mcch.net) works to end homelessness for more than 1,600 veterans, families with children, and individuals each year. It provides emergency shelters and permanent housing, creating community where everyone has a safe, stable and affordable place to call home.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $50 provides two men at the emergency men’s shelter with haircuts for job interviews.
- $250 purchases essential household items for an individual exiting homelessness.
- $10,000 allows 10 families to exit homelessness by providing security deposits for permanent homes.
- One day: Organize a collection drive for household items, hygiene products, school supplies or holiday gifts.
- Ongoing: Prepare and deliver meals for clients of the emergency shelter.