Mary’s Center (maryscenter.org) helps individuals reach their full potential by providing health, dental, behavioral health, workforce development and social services. Mary’s Center meets the needs of nearly 50,000 individuals annually—regardless of their ability to pay.
Headquartered: Silver Spring and Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $150 covers the cost of a medical visit for an uninsured patient.
- $1,000 provides a student suffering from trauma or depression with school-based counseling for a year.
- $5,000 provides a child with special needs with early intervention services.
- One day: Collect and distribute food and toys for the annual holiday drives.
- Weekly: Read to children and help them feel comfortable before their doctor’s visit.