KID Museum (kid-museum.org) aims to empower children to realize their creative potential and become the innovative problem solvers of the future. Designed for kids ages 6 to 14, the museum’s hands-on programs engage 55,000 visitors annually and blend arts and culture with science and technology. Open seven days a week, programs include field trips, after-school programs, camps and weekend hours.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $150 provides materials for weekend programs.
- $500 provides a scholarship for an after-school program.
- $1,000 sponsors one school field trip for 100 Title I students.
- One day: Provide event support at one of KID’s community events.
- Weekly: Serve in the high school student apprenticeship program.