Interfaith Works (iworksmc.org) helps more than 16,000 residents each year, equipping homeless and low-income neighbors to lift themselves from poverty through integrated prevention, stabilization and empowerment programs. Interfaith Works’ programs change lives with the help of 5,500 volunteers and 165 congregations.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides four students with backpacks filled with quality school supplies.
- $1,000 supports job counseling and workforce readiness classes.
- $10,000 provides housing for a homeless family for seven months, together with professional case management and supportive services to help them toward independence.
- One day: Donate or sort clothing and home goods to provide to neighbors in need.
- Ongoing: Prepare and/or provide meals for women experiencing homelessness.