Housing Unlimited (housingunlimited.org) provides 202 individuals with affordable homes at 73 fully furnished properties. Housing Unlimited empowers people in mental health recovery to live on their own and learn the skills they need to be successful and confident members of the community.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides pots, pans, plates and tools for a new home.
- $1,000 covers the cost of living room furnishings for a new townhome.
- $10,000 supports an AmeriCorps intern to help serve 202 residents.
- One day: Help landscape or mulch a yard.
- Weekly: Provide administrative help at the Housing Unlimited office.