Home Care Partners (homecarepartners.org) provides in-home services to low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled residents in the metro region. It provides home care aide services to more than 1,000 adults, supports family caregivers and offers caregiver education for aides and the community through its Training Institute.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $250 enables certified aides to help five low-income elders with personal care, housekeeping and meal preparation.
- $1,000 pays for mental health first aid training for 20 home care aides.
- $10,000 supports home care services for a year for seven frail elders or persons with disabilities.
- Weekly: Volunteer as an intake worker.
- Ongoing: Volunteer as a marketing or development coordinator.