Girls on the Run of Montgomery County, MD (girlsontherunofmoco.org) provides more than 130 schools with a positive youth development program that incorporates running. Over the course of the 10-week program, girls in third through eighth grades develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness. The program culminates with a celebratory family 5K event.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $175 provides full financial aid for a girl.
- $1,000 provides running shoes for 25 girls.
- $10,000 provides full financial aid for three teams (60 girls).
- Weekly: Volunteer as a coach for 10 weeks in the spring or fall.
- One time: Volunteer at the celebratory 5K event.