Friends of the Library, Montgomery County (folmc.org) offers a variety of opportunities to engage with and support public libraries through programs that benefit all ages and interests, such as author talks, the Mosaic creative writing contest, a spelling bee for older adults, and theLibrary After Dark gala to raise funds for and awareness of libraries.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $25 sponsors one senior in the Seasoned Spellers Bee, promoting social and cognitive well-being.
- $125 prevents summer slide by funding a STEM demo for 100 children.
- $250 supports the purchase of a truck to transport bookstore donations throughout the county.
- One day: Help at an FOLMC program, such as Library Lovers Month Kickoff.
- Weekly: Process donations for FOLMC Bookstore (locations in Rockville and Silver Spring).