Docs In Progress (docsinprogress.org) builds community through documentary film screenings, filmmaking classes and camps for adult and youth documentary filmmakers. This includes the Community Stories Festival, which showcases short documentaries about people and places from local neighborhoods and communities.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region and beyond
What a donation buys:
- $100 helps make it possible to keep Community Stories Festival screenings free and open to the public
- $250 helps underwrite stipends for summer interns to mentor youths in documentary production.
- $500 helps underwrite screening and education programs for low-income residents of Alexander House in downtown Silver Spring.
- One day: Help with photography, videography or the check-in table at special screening events.
- Weekly: Provide support with data entry and marketing.