Building Educated Leaders for Life (BELL) (experiencebell.org/communities/maryland) exists to transform the academic achievements, self-confidence and life trajectories of children living in underresourced communities. To promote a culture of lifelong learning, BELL recognizes students in summer and after-school programs as “scholars.” At no cost to families, BELL delivers a summer learning solution for 2,000 scholars, grades 3-5, across Montgomery County Title I schools.
Headquartered: Rockville (local headquarters)
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 sends a class of 20 scholars on a summer Friday field trip.
- $1,500 supports academic instruction and engaging enrichment activities for one scholar.
- $10,000 sponsors two teachers’ professional development, ensuring high-quality instruction for each classroom of 20 scholars.
- One day: Share the steps you took to achieve success at a “Career and College Pride Day.”
- One day: Conduct on-site interviews with teachers, parents and scholars.