Bethesda Cares (bethesdacares.org) helps people suffering chronic homelessness find paths to safe, permanent housing, while also easing their lives through its drop-in center, daily hot meal program, clothing closet and mental health services. Bethesda Cares also works directly with landlords and utility companies to prevent low-income residents from spiraling into homelessness.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides hot, nutritious meals for 41 people.
- $1,000 serves as a security deposit for a newly-housed client.
- $10,000 sponsors five months of psychiatric support for dozens of chronically homeless individuals battling mental illness, or who just need some extra emotional support.
- One day: Organize a supply drive.
- Ongoing: Prepare and/or serve hot, nutritious meals for neighbors at risk of hunger.