Ayuda (ayuda.com) provides legal, social and language services to help vulnerable immigrants in the region access justice and transform their lives. Since 1973, it has served more than 100,000 low-income immigrants throughout the region. Ayuda’s professionals help immigrants from anywhere in the world navigate the immigration and justice systems and access the social safety net. Ayuda serves more than 2,000 clients in the region annually, with 145 living in Montgomery County.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $200 covers legal fees for the immigration case of an immigrant child to safely remain in the United States.
- $1,000 provides five hours of paid interpretation services.
- $5,000 covers legal or therapeutic services for three clients.
- One time: Volunteer to usher or photograph an annual event like the welcome breakfast or gala.
- Ongoing: Fill in for Ayuda’s intake specialists.