Arts on the Block (artsontheblock.com) offers creative youths the opportunity to learn firsthand about art, design and business as apprentice artists on real-world projects. Through the organization’s programs, youths learn the value of self-expression, the practice of leadership and teamwork, and the benefits of creative skills for their careers and in their communities.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $250 supports a field trip to visit D.C. art museums for 25 youths.
- $500 trains 20 apprentice artists to write a dynamite résumé and “ace” an interview.
- $1,000 sponsors an apprentice for one year in the studio workshop.
- One day: Help out in the studio.
- Weekly: Support office staff with filing and data entry.