Wildwood Summer Theatre
Wildwood Summer Theatre (www.wst.org) strives to improve the quality of Maryland’s youth summer theater. Founded in 1965 by a group of students from Walter Johnson High School, this company produces at least one full-scale musical a year. Recent productions include Grease and Nine at the Gaithersburg Arts Barn. The company, run completely by people ages 14 through 25, provides a learning experience for young artists in all aspects of theater.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $500 provides the props budget of one show.
• $1,000 covers the lighting fees for one show.
• $10,000 provides the rental cost of show rights for two productions.
• Ongoing: Participate in the cast, pit or crew (ages 14 to 25).
• One day or ongoing: Secure rehearsal space or equipment, or gather items for the annual silent auction (ages 26 and older).
• Student Service Learning hours