The Rockville Bach Academy/The Advent Project
The Rockville Bach Academy/The Advent Project (www.theadventproject.net) offers performances of choral and choral-orchestral music, concentrating especially, but not exclusively, on the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Conversation Concerts provide an introduction to the organization’s specialty repertoire. Future plans include expanding concert programming and offering advanced training opportunities for young conductors and singers.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 assists with concert production costs, such as purchasing sheet music or renting an organ or harpsichord.
• $500 underwrites rehearsal and performance fees for two professional choristers for a Conversation Concert.
• $1,000 covers rehearsal and performance fees for two vocal soloists, or helps to offset the cost of venue rental.
• One day or ongoing: Assist with development and capacity building, host musicians from out of town during concert weeks or assist audience members at concerts.
• Ongoing: Join the board of directors (Montgomery County residents or those employed within the county).
• Student Service Learning hours