Stepping Stones Shelter, Inc.
Stepping Stones Shelter (steppingstonesshelter.org) offers shelter and support services to about 88 families with children each year. Its programs help families find longer-term housing solutions and create a stable home environment.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides 10 cartons of diapers for homeless families.
• $1,000 provides grocery store gift cards for 20 families as they move out of the shelter into permanent housing.
• $10,000 buys one-on-one money management counseling and monthly employment workshops for 30 families for one year.
• Ongoing: Help with child care; sort donations; do data entry and clerical work; cook and serve dinner for shelter residents; clean; help with yard work; or serve as the kitchen manager.
• Student Service Learning hours