St. Camillus Food Pantry
St. Camillus Food Pantry (www.gofundme.com/trpqnc) distributes nutritious food to ensure that low-income families get enough to eat. Through emergency food distribution on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings, this all-volunteer, bilingual food pantry distributed more than 10,000 emergency food packages last year alone.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides a week’s worth of emergency food for 10 families.
• $1,000 provides two pounds of rice and beans for 250 families.
• $10,000 provides enough food to serve all of the families that visit the food pantry over two weekends.
• One day or ongoing: Bag and distribute food during pantry hours, or unload and shelve food on weekdays.
• Ongoing: Bilingual adults can help with client registration during pantry hours.
• Student Service Learning hours