Sandy Spring Museum
Sandy Spring Museum (www.sandyspringmuseum.org) connects people to community history through the cultural arts. The museum provides opportunities for creative engagement in a range of cultural arts. Programs and events include exhibits, monthly History Happy Hours, a summer beer garden, quarterly live Jazz in the Round concerts, social dances, fine arts workshops and community-run programs such as interfaith conversations and teen band nights. Artists work on-site in studios, and there is a monthly Resident Artist Open House.
Serves: Montgomery County and nearby areas
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers speaker fees and refreshments for one History Happy Hour.
• $1,000 provides funding to an artist to create original work that is inspired by the museum’s collection of photos and artifacts.
• $10,000 helps keep the museum’s annual Strawberry Festival affordable for 6,000-plus attendees.
• One day: Host an open mic night, social dance or other program at the museum to benefit the community.
• Student Service Learning hours