Posse Foundation, Inc.
The Posse Foundation (www.possefoundation.org) identifies students with extraordinary academic and leadership potential and places them in multicultural teams (“posses”) of 10 students, which act as support systems on campus. Scholars receive four-year, full-tuition merit scholarships from Posse’s college and university partners and persist and graduate at a rate of 90 percent. Annually, Posse D.C. supports 60 scholars in Pre-Collegiate Training, 250 scholars on campus and a network of more than 300 alumni.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 sponsors training for three mentors to work with scholars on campus for two years.
• $1,000 helps find the next class of Posse Scholars by supporting one of Posse’s annual large group interviews (each with 100 students).
• $10,000 sponsors a year of Posse D.C.’s comprehensive programming for two scholars.
• One time: Evaluate nominees for the Posse Scholarship during Posse D.C.’s first-round interview sessions (August/September only).
• Ongoing: Become a writing or resume coach for a Posse Scholar.