Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington
Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington (www.plannedparenthood.org/ppmw) provides high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men and teens in the Washington, D.C., area. Planned Parenthood trains peer leaders—mostly low-income, uninsured or under-insured minority teens—in reproductive health and STD/HIV prevention strategies. Last year, county peer leaders helped facilitate events and workshops that reached more than 8,700 county teens and young adults.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides 75 rapid-result HIV tests.
• $1,000 provides 138 hours of reproductive health and leadership training for the teen peer leaders.
• $10,000 provides breast and cervical cancer screening for 100 women.
• One day: Participate in phone banking, rallies or letter-writing campaigns; or work tables at community events.
• Student Service Learning hours