60-plus ways to help the community
Looking for a way to give back this holiday season?
Here’s a list of community and arts and humanities organizations that are working to make Montgomery County a better place—and could use your help in doing so.
All of the organizations have been recommended by either the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County or by The Community Foundation for Montgomery County (CFMC), which facilitates charitable giving by county residents, families and businesses.
“Now more than ever,” says Sally Rudney, executive director of CFMC, “it is vital for all of us to ‘give where we live’ to organizations that make our community a healthy, vibrant place to live for all of its residents.”
SSL designates Student Service Learning opportunity for Montgomery County Public Schools.
Safety Net Organizations
- A Wider Circle
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
- Child Center and Adult Services Inc.
- Chinese American Senior Services Association Inc.
- Chinese Culture and Community Service Center
- Community Ministries of Rockville
- Court Appointed Special Advocates Program of Montgomery County
- Crossway Community Inc.
- The Dwelling Place Inc.
- Eastern Montgomery Emergency Assistance Network
- Family Services Inc.
- Home Care Partners
- IMPACT Silver Spring
- Interfaith Works
- Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington
- Manna Food Center
- Maryland Vietnamese Mutual Association
- Mary’s Center
- Mental Health Association of Montgomery County
- Mercy Health Clinic
- Mid-Country United Ministries
- Ministries United Silver Spring/Takoma Park
- Mobile Medical Care Inc.
- Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless Inc.
- Montgomery Housing Partnership
- National Center for Children and Families
- Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington
- Rebuilding Together Montgomery County
- Shepherd’s Table Inc.
- St. Joseph's House
- St. Luke's House and Threshold Services United Inc.
- Stepping Stones Shelter Inc.
- Top Banana Home Delivered Groceries Inc.
- The Tree House Child Assessment Center of Montgomery County Maryland
- Upper Montgomery Assistance Network
- Western Upper Montgomery County Help
Humanities, History and Heritage
- Adventure Theatre MTC
- American Dance Institute
- Arts for the Aging
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Strathmore
- BlackRock Center for the Arts
- CityDance Ensemble
- ClancyWorks Dance Company
- Class Acts Arts
- Coral Cantigas
- Damascus Theatre Company
- Dance Exchange
- Imagination Stage
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
- Lumina Studio Theatre
- Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras
- Maryland Youth Ballet
- Metropolitan Ballet Theatre & Academy
- Olney Theatre Center
- Round House Theatre
- Symphony of the Potomac
- The Puppet Co.
- UpRooted Dance
- Washington Revels Inc.