NIH Philharmonia (www.nihphil.org) provides free concerts to the community and offers a creative outlet for its 80 musicians, many of whom work at the National Institutes of Health. Presented with a high level of musical excellence, the annual five-concert series includes well-known works, new works and pieces not often performed, even by professional orchestras.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides assistance with renting one musical work (under copyright).
• $1,000 covers percussion instrument rental for four concerts.
• $10,000 sponsors three full NIH Philharmonia concerts, including music and instrument rental, program printing and staff stipend.
• One day: Serve as an usher at an NIH Philharmonia concert.
• Long-term: Assist with stage management, concert preparation, venue setup and reset.