Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area
Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area (lssnca.org) helps neighbors in need by strengthening lives, creating families and engaging communities. Annually it serves more than 2,000 people through adoption, foster care, immigration support, refugee resettlement and HIV/AIDS Youth Haven programming.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 assists three children looking to reconnect with their birth families.
• $1,000 provides the supplies for 10 families to participate in Youth Haven’s Family Mini-Camp.
• $10,000 sets up housing (furniture, kitchenware, linens, etc.) for 20 newly arrived refugee families.
• One day: Host a drive for refugee welcome kits or winter clothing.
• Ongoing: Mentor a refugee family to help them learn about our civic, social and economic landscape.