Future Link, Inc.
Future Link (www.futurelinkmd.org) empowers disadvantaged young adults through career exploration programs, academic advising, scholarships, internships and mentors. Its individualized program emphasizes persistence in post-secondary education; teaches workplace, self-advocacy and personal decision-making skills; and helps young adults develop a plan for a meaningful and realistic career pathway that will enable them to become self-sufficient.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides public transportation for 10 students to attend Future Link’s college-level seminar.
• $1,000 provides a scholarship for a student at Montgomery College.
• $10,000 funds the Future Link semester-long, career development college-level seminar for 10 students.
• One day: Provide informational interviews in your career field to help students understand your career path.
• Short-term: Offer a shared-cost internship or job-shadowing opportunity.