Family Services (www.fs-inc.org) provides prevention and early-intervention services to 27,000 low-income children, individuals and families, including emergency assistance, mental health and substance abuse services, early-childhood programs, domestic violence services and community outreach.
Serves: Montgomery and Prince George’s counties
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides educational toys and books for three families preparing their children for kindergarten.
• $1,000 provides a month of intensive support for a seriously ill person recently discharged from the hospital.
• $10,000 furnishes a playroom at the Betty Ann Krahnke Domestic Violence Shelter.
• Weekly/monthly: Tutor and read to students of all ages; translate handbooks from English to Spanish or French; or provide administrative and legal assistance.
• One day: Help with special events or landscaping