Crossroads Community Food Network
Crossroads Community Food Network (www.crossroadscommunityfoodnetwork.org) educates community members about healthy food and strives to create universal access to healthy food. Programs include microenterprise development, healthy eating education and farmers’ market nutrition incentives at the popular Crossroads Farmers Market, which serves 3,000 people annually.
Serves: Takoma/Langley Park
What a donation buys:
• $500 covers ingredients for a series of healthy eating sessions for local fifth-graders.
• $1,000 provides one session of business training for 15 low-income food entrepreneurs.
• $5,000 doubles SNAP (food stamp) farmers market purchases for 10 eligible families for the whole 25-week market season.
• Weekly: Give cooking demonstrations with fresh vegetables at local schools.
• Weekly: Volunteer at the market to help elderly customers shop for produce.