CareerCatchers (www.careercatchers.org) provides career counseling and job skills training for 400 unemployed and underemployed adults annually. Its customized approach helps low-income clients, domestic violence victims, recent immigrants and homeless clients obtain employment that pays a living wage.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides a client with a skills assessment and assistance with a résumé and cover letter.
• $1,000 covers intensive support from intake through job retention for one client.
• $10,000 provides intensive support for 10 to 15 clients.
• One day: Help complete online job applications, conduct mock interviews or lead a workshop.
• Weekly: Assist with Job Club; act as a workplace mentor; provide job skills or computer instruction; or tutor clients for the GED test or English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes.
• Student Service Learning hours