Rockville Collection of School Supplies Ends Wednesday
City holds Annual Back to School Jam on Friday
The city of Rockville is inviting students who live in Rockville or attend a Rockville school to its annual Back to School Jam, where backpacks filled with supplies can be purchased for $2.
The city is still collecting donations of new school supplies through Wednesday. Items including pens, pencils, crayons, glue sticks, paper and folders can be dropped off in collection boxes at the following locations:
- Rockville City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave.;
- Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.;
- Thomas Farm Community Center, 700 Fallsgrove Drive;
- Twinbrook Community Recreation Center, 12920 Twinbrook Parkway;
- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center, 355 Martins Lane; and
- Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive.
To purchase a backpack for $2, proof of address or school enrollment is required. A limit of four backpacks applies per family.
The city’s Annual Back to School Jam will be Friday from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
The event will feature a DJ, prizes, food, drinks, information tables and the opportunity to meet representatives from schools serving the city. The event is sponsored by Rockville Housing Enterprises, Linkages to Learning and the city of Rockville.
For more details, call 240-314-8780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.