Montgomery County Is Home to Some of the Top Private Schools in the State
Three of the top five schools are in Bethesda, according to data site
Holton-Arms Facebook page
Three schools in Bethesda are among the top ten private high schools in the state, according to a new online ranking.
Holton-Arms School, a Bethesda college-preparatory school for girls, is the best private high school in Maryland, according to Niche, a data website that creates national rankings of schools, colleges and neighborhoods.
Landon School in Bethesda was ranked No. 4 and Georgetown Preparatory School in North Bethesda was ranked No. 5.
Other county schools that were ranked in the top 20 statewide are:
- No. 8: The Bullis School in Potomac;
- No. 12: Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart in Bethesda;
- No. 13: St. Andrew’s Episcopal School in Potomac;
- No. 16: The Heights School in Potomac;
- No. 19: Rochambeau French International School in Bethesda; and
- No. 20: Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville.
The county is also home to some of the most diverse private schools in the state. Barrie School in Silver Spring was ranked as the most diverse private school in the state, followed by Hampshire View Christian School (No. 2) in Silver Spring and Sandy Spring Friends School (No. 3).
According to Niche.com, the rankings were based on such factors as grades, state test results and SAT/ACT scores, as well as survey responses on academics, culture and diversity, and health and safety.