A 23-person advisory committee has been formed to help guide the search for Montgomery College’s next president.
The group — made up of local leaders, students and employees — will review applications, interview candidates and give advice to the college’s Board of Trustees.
The next president will succeed DeRionne Pollard, who led Montgomery College for more than a decade before taking a job in Nevada.
Charlene Dukes is the college’s interim president.
In June, the college hired the firm Greenwood/Asher & Associates to lead a nationwide search for Pollard’s replacement. The firm will be paid $60,000 or one-third of the total of the hired candidate’s first-year salary, whichever is greater.
College leaders hope to hire a candidate before winter break.
In a press release, Board of Trustees Chair Mike Knapp said the presidential search committee is “charged with maintaining confidentiality throughout and after the process.”
“Members of the committee are not at liberty to discuss committee proceedings or reveal the names of candidates now or in the future, hence he urged the College community to avoid asking them for information,” the press release said.
Members of the presidential search committee are:
- Michael Brintnall, first vice chair, Montgomery College Board of Trustees
- Rebecca Adegeye, student
- Gloria Aparicio Blackwell, member, Montgomery College Board of Trustees
- Upneet Atwal, senior legislative aide for Montgomery County Council President Tom Hucker
- Victoria Baldassano, director of the Montgomery College part-time faculty union (SEIU Local 500)
- Ken Becker, president of Rakusin & Becker Management Inc. and Montgomery College Foundation board director
- Eric Benjamin, instructional dean of education and social sciences
- Nawal Benmouna, department chair of engineering, physical, and computer sciences
- Kevin Beverly, former president and CEO of Social & Scientific Systems
- Monica Brown, senior vice president for student affairs
- Eddy Enríquez Arana, Spanish and German professor
- Angela Graham, president and CEO of Quality Biological
- Elizabeth Greaney, chief business and financial strategy officer
- Kimberly Jones, director of student life
- Anne Khademian, executive director of The Universities at Shady Grove
- Frieda Lacey, second vice chair of the Montgomery College Board of Trustees
- Monifa McKnight, interim superintendent of Montgomery County Public Schools
- Sonia Pruneda-Hernandez, collegewide senior program director of early childhood education
- Maria Sprehn, anthropology professor and member of the full-time faculty union
- Brad Stewart, vice president and provost of communications, health sciences, health and physical education, and humanities
- Lori Ulrich, disability services coordinator and officer in the staff union
- Diego Uriburu, executive director of Identity Inc.
- Ben Wu, president and CEO of the Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation.