VisArts (visartscenter.org) has been transforming individuals and communities through the visual arts for 30 years, helping children, teens and adults to express their ideas, develop their talents, connect with others and enrich their lives. More than 30,000 visitors each year engage in VisArts’ art classes and camps, gallery exhibitions, special events and community outreach programs.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $100 provides art supplies for one painting class.
• $500 funds one scholarship for a child to attend two weeks of summer camp.
• $1,000 covers three months’ rent for the VisAbility Art Lab serving young artists with disabilities.
• One day: Help with special events and community festivals.
• Weekly: Prepare materials for art classes; greet visitors to VisArts galleries; provide administrative support.