Montgomery County Medics Revive Electrician Who Almost Died After Grazing Live Wires
Coworkers helped save the man's life by performing CPR until help arrived
A man who nearly died Wednesday from electrocution on a Rockville worksite was resuscitated by his coworkers and first responders, according to the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.
The electrician was working inside the second floor of an office building at 9210 Corporate Blvd. at about 9:45 a.m. when he “came into contact with some live wires,” department spokesman Pete Piringer said. His coworkers called 911 and began CPR while rescue workers were on their way.
Medics arrived to find the man unconscious and not breathing. But by using a defibrillator, they were able to revive him, Piringer said.
“They believe he was down for about five minutes, but the fact that his coworkers immediately jumped into action to initiate CPR and activate 911 very quickly contributed to the chain of survival,” he said.
The man, who is in his mid-20s, was taken to Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center in Rockville and was walking around and talking to nurses later that day, according to Piringer. He has remained hospitalized while continuing to recover.