Fire Strikes Commercial Building in North Bethesda
The blaze broke out at the Delnor Center building Wednesday morning
Crews work at the scene of a Wednesday morning fire in North Bethesda
Pete Piringer, via @mcfrspio on Twitter
More than 50 firefighters responded to the scene of a fire Wednesday morning at a low-rise commercial building in North Bethesda, according to fire department spokesman Pete Piringer.
The fire broke out around 7:40 a.m. at the Delnor Center building in the 12100 block of Nebel Street. The building houses a plumbing store, a bath and kitchen outlet and other small retailers. The fire was extinguished around 8 a.m. and no one was injured, according to Piringer.
Piringer said via his Twitter account the “apparent electrical fire” started in an electrical room and was largely contained to the lower level room. The fire knocked out utilities to a number of tenants and Nebel Street was closed near the building for a few hours while firefighters worked at the scene.
Update – 12100blk Nebel St, 2-level industrial/commercial bldg, apparent electrical fire in lower level, FFs checking for extension, pic.twitter.com/iVAlnSsAbK
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) December 28, 2016