Small Bites: Mother’s Day Deals Around the County
Plus: The Beer and Wine Cellar expands, adds sandwich shop; Republic named RAMMY finalist, offers specials
Jaleo Bethesda's Pan de cristal con tomate.
Via Jaleo Bethesda
Mother’s Day deals around the county
A variety of specials are being plated up for Sunday, Mother’s Day:
- Jaleo Bethesda – The Spanish bistro will be offering $6 glasses of rosé or sparkling rosé as part of Mother’s Day Brunch. The deal also comes with a fresh rose. Customers can pair the drink with the Pan de cristal con tomate, toasted bread brushed with tomato. “On Mother’s Day at Jaleo, we raise a glass of rosé to honor all the moms in our lives,” Jaleo Bethesda General Manager Sebastian Neira said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating with all the families on Sunday, and will have a rose waiting for each and every mother.”
- Summer House Santa Monica – The American restaurant at Pike & Rose will have brunch and lunch for mothers, including a smoked salmon platter and the Acapulco omelet. Summer House’s drink menu features several springtime brunch cocktails, such as the MoCo Mommy with strawberry and basil.
- City Perch Kitchen + Bar – The American restaurant at Pike & Rose will host a Mother’s Day Brunch by Great American Baking Show host and Food Network Chef Sherry Yard. All moms will be entered to win a 24-karat Gold Rose by Goldgenie. “City Perch loves hosting Moms on Mother’s Day,” iPic Senior General Manager John Foster said in a statement. “Our chefs put a lot of thought into the brunch buffet menu, making it so everyone’s satisfied and Mom can sit back, relax and enjoy.”
- Stella Barra – The Pike & Rose pizzeria will have brunch buffet featuring Italian sausage hash and caramelized French toast, among other items. All mothers will get a surprise sweet treat.
- Mon Ami Gabi – The French bistro at Bethesda Row will have Mother’s Day brunch that includes a chicken and mushroom crêpe with kale and brie cheese and the Wild Escargots de Bourgogne. Once again, all mothers will get a sweet treat.
- Georgetown Cupcake – The gourmet cupcake shop at Bethesda Row has a dozen Mother’s Day-themed creations all packaged in a pink heart-shaped gift box. Cupcake flavors include Marble Brownie Fudge Cheesecake and MOM Vanilla and Baby Pink Vanilla Buttercream.
The Beer and Wine Cellar expands, adds sandwich shop
The Congressional Plaza beer store at 146 Congressional Lane in Rockville will now have traditional deli sandwiches and gourmet specialties in addition to craft beer and spirits.
The Beer and Wine Cellar is now 1,800 square feet, along with new indoor and outdoor seating.
The store debuted in 2014. It’s open seven days a week.
Republic named RAMMY finalist, offers specials
The Takoma Park restaurant is one of five nominated for the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington’s 2019 RAMMY Award for Beer Program of the Year.
In honor of the recognition, Republic is offering all pints of its #AlwaysLocal self-distributed beers for $5 starting at 9:30pm until close from May 20-24. This is an extended version of the weekly Pint Night Special.
Guests visiting Republic or any of the RAMMYS beer program finalist locations during the week can post photos using the Instagram handle @RAMWdc and hashtags #RAMMYSbeer and #RAMMYS19 to be entered to win two tickets to the 2019 RAMMY Awards Gala on June 30.
The association will select one winner at random and notify them through Instagram.