Restaurant promotion will replace canceled Taste of Bethesda festival next month
For 11 days, restaurants will have fixed-price menus
Bethesda Urban Partnership is sponsoring an 11-day restaurant week promotion next month in place of the annual Taste of Bethesda festival
Photo courtesy of Bethesda Urban Partnership
The Bethesda Urban Partnership (BUP) is sponsoring an 11-day restaurant promotion next month in which more than 30 restaurants will offer fixed-price menus.
Savor Bethesda, which will run Oct. 1 through 11, replaces BUP’s annual Taste of Bethesda festival, which the organization was forced to cancel because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
BUP spokeswoman Stephanie Coppula told Bethesda Beat Tuesday morning that the participating restaurants throughout the downtown area are offering menus with choices at $10, $20 and $35.
Restaurants might offer choices at different prices or might stick with one menu, depending on whether they are open for lunch and dinner or dinner only.
The participating restaurants include American, Italian, Mexican, pizza and bakeries.
Coppula said the pricing is generally per-person, but some restaurants have options for couples.
She said customers can order from the Savor Bethesda menu any time each restaurant is open, and it applies for both dine-in and takeout customers. She added that the Streetery, a series of closed-off streets with tables and chairs set up this summer, will remain in place.
Coppula said Taste of Bethesda is normally one of the largest events of in Montgomery County. Thousands attended the 30th annual event last year.
The restaurant promotion this year, she said, is an alternative way to promote Bethesda’s downtown restaurants and maintain social distancing.
“It gives people the opportunity to hopefully eat out and enjoy downtown Bethesda,” she said.
The participating restaurants and their menus are:
- Barrel & Crow, 4867 Cordell Ave. $35 dinner
- Matchbox, 7278 Woodmont Ave. $20 lunch and $35 dinner
- The Original Pancake House, 7700 Wisconsin Ave., Suite D $10, $20 and $35 breakfast and lunch
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, 7900 Norfolk Ave. $10 lunch and $35 dinner
- Silver, 7150 Woodmont Ave. $20 lunch and $35 dinner
- Tommy Joe’s Restaurant, 7940 Norfolk Ave. $10 lunch; $20 and $35 dinner
- Asian Momo Chicken & Grill, 4862 Cordell Ave. $10, $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Henry’s Sweet Retreat, 4823 St. Elmo Avenue $10, $20 and $35 treats
- Neuhaus Belgian Chocolates, 7123 Bethesda Lane $10 and $35 treats
- The Red Bandana Bakery, 8218 Wisconsin Avenue $10, $20 and $35 treats
- Tout de Sweet, 7831 Woodmont Avenue $10 treats
- Belgian Mussel Bar & Grille, 7262 Woodmont Ave. $35 dinner
- Ceremony Coffee Roasters, 7475 Wisconsin Ave. $10 menu
- Quartermaine Coffee Roasters, 4817 Bethesda Ave. $10, $20 and $35 menus
- Avenue Café, 4924 Del Ray Ave. $10, $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Lilit Café, 7921 Old Georgetown Road. $10 lunch, $20 dinner
- Cher Cher Ethiopian Cuisine, 4921 Bethesda Ave. $10, $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Duck Duck Goose, 7929 Norfolk Ave. $10 lunch; $35 dinner
- The Big Greek Café, 4806 Rugby Ave. $10, $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Dog Haus Biergarten, 7904 Woodmont Ave. $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Smoke BBQ, 4858 Cordell Ave. $20 and $35 dinner
- Passage to India, 4931 Cordell Ave. $35 lunch and dinner
- Cesco Osteria, 7401 Woodmont Ave. $20 lunch, $35 dinner
- La Panetteria, 4921 Cordell Ave. $20 and $35 dinner
- Mamma Lucia, 4916 Elm St. $10, $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Olazzo, 7921 Norfolk Ave. $20 and $35 dinner
- Trattoria Sorrento, 4930 Cordell Ave. $35 dinner
- Fish Taco, 7251 Woodmont Ave. $10 lunch and dinner
- Gringos & Mariachis, 4928 Cordell Ave. $20 and $35 lunch and dinner
- Alatri Bros., 4926 Cordell Ave. TBD
- Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza, 7776 Norfolk Ave. $35 lunch and dinner
- Chef Tony’s, 4926 St. Elmo Ave. $20 and $35 dinner
- Medium Rare, 4904 Fairmont Ave. $35 dinner
Dan Schere can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org